Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: WAXM Pigskin Picks

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Just a reminder, fans, comin' up is our "Die-hard Night" here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Just a reminder, fans, comin' up is our "Die-hard Night" here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant.


    lmao

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Just a reminder, fans, comin' up is our "Die-hard Night" here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant.
    The youngest would be 28...so all they'd have to do is check IDs..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Look, we could really do something like that.

    We could have 5-6 people who go to the games and get scores and analysis ( iknow PVFAN would, he does it now as it is, and he is great at recaping the games, as well as getting scores from NOVA and NET)

    It doesnt have to be a true radio show, it can be online radio, regular radio is a dying medium, we could have a stream every Friday Night, then another Sat. Night for the local CFB and big game scores and recaps.

    Look, if you guys want to try something like this, I would willingly help with the stats and info, as well as any production.
    I would make a great radio personality, haha, but I cant do it, I cant talk like that, people who know me know why.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Look, we could really do something like that.

    We could have 5-6 people who go to the games and get scores and analysis ( iknow PVFAN would, he does it now as it is, and he is great at recaping the games, as well as getting scores from NOVA and NET)

    It doesnt have to be a true radio show, it can be online radio, regular radio is a dying medium, we could have a stream every Friday Night, then another Sat. Night for the local CFB and big game scores and recaps.

    Look, if you guys want to try something like this, I would willingly help with the stats and info, as well as any production.
    I would make a great radio personality, haha, but I cant do it, I cant talk like that, people who know me know why.
    Splitting up college and HS would help. Cutting the time down and not straying from the subject would help the WAXM show, also.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    yeah, they have to rush it to get all the scores in, and if they had two shows, they could describe the HS games a lot better, GIVE STATS (which is what i want more than anything, a radio show that lets us know the stats from games), etc..

    then do the same Saturday on a show

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    This thread will be on WAXM tommorrow night.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This thread will be on WAXM tommorrow night.
    I was just thinking the same thing, haha.

    By the way, I have to say this place is finally looking more like its usual self now.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Football time I guess but still nowhere close as many people as years back.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Yay-another year of stupid,bad jokes,and 80% of the show being wasted by silly antics (they think each other is funny apparently). Wouldn't it be great to have a show dedicated to actual football analysis,game breakdowns...the works,instead of hearing that retarded Sean Connery impression for the billonth time? The show turns my stomach.
    The show would be better if they had some neutral opinions on there, but since Kenny is From Norton, and Ben and Mike are from PV, you can here the bias each week especially towards PV, because the Manager Greg Cress is also from BSG. And there are 11 regular season weeks due to the open week, WAXM will do 7 or 8 PV games out of 11 per season, way too many, since WVEK (i think thats it) carries all PV games. I do not believe that WNVA will be doing any games this year. I wish someone would go to some games that are not on the radio, and stream them live online, now that would be great
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •